If you are new to brewing coffee or don’t have any equipment at home, you can try using a Channi (tea strainer) to make an easy, quick cup of coffee with minimum effort.
- Muslin Cloth
Add about 1.25 tablespoon of coarsely ground coffee to a container.
Place a paper filter with the 3-ply section facing the spout. Rinse the filter with hot water & discard water.
Let it sit for 4 minutes. Steeping time varies based on the roast used.
Stir 10 times, after breaking up the crust on top
Strain into a cup & serve
Add more hot water, or milk to your liking
- *For light to medium roasts, brew for 4 minutes.
- For medium dark to dark roasts, use a 3:30 minute brew time.
- For very dark roasts, use less than 3:30 minutes.
- To prevent coffee fines from entering your cup, wrap a thin cotton cloth around the strainer before pouring out the brewed coffee.
- Alternatively you can use a coarser grind
- If your coffee is too bitter, shorten the brewing time
- If your coffee is sour or salty, increase the brewing time slightly.
- If your coffee is too watery or lacks flavour, add more coffee powder during the brewing process